With Summer slowly coming to a close the rush to make all of those salads you pinned or saw is here. I am not a big fan of mayonasied based salads. I will eat them but prefer to have something that is not slathered in Mayo. I saw this recipe from a favorite blog that I have been following for years The Noble Pig. This salad is right up my alley! Italian Pasta and Italian Dressing. This comes together quickly and taste great.
- 16 oz dried cheese tortellini pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 oz) bag mini pepperoni slices
- 1 (3.8 oz) can sliced black olives
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil
Prepare tortellini pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, pour pasta into a colander and rinse with cold water. Once cool transfer to a large bowl and gently toss pasta with Italian dressing. Add bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, olives, mozzarella, red pepper flakes and basil. Toss until all ingredients are fully combined.
Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least six hours. (Before serving, taste and toss with more Italian dressing if you think it needs it.)