Okay, so we made stuffed peppers in the crockpot and they came out great. Now we have a one pot casserole based off the stuffed pepper that is just as good. As the weather is starting to turn colder, this is a hot and hearty one pot dinner.
I guess you could call it a deconstructed stuff pepper when you look at all the ingredients.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1-2 cups Colby Monterey Jack cheese
- In high sided pan combine ground beef, peppers, onion, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add in garlic and cook about 1 minutes.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar, stir to combine then bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir to combine, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and juices are mainly soaked up.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and place cover back on to melt.
- Serve with chopped parsley if desired.