When we were in Hawaii back in May we would eat almost all of our breakfast in the villa we were staying in and then have dinner off the hotel property. Most of our lunches were at one of the two hotel pool bars. Pailolo was next door at the sister resort to ours. Pailolo is a Sports Bar next to one of the pools on the resort and overlooks the ocean. The menu was pretty extensive that was served out of a themed food truck next to the bar.
Chicken tenders, fish tacos, salads, hot dogs, burgers and of course Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blond. These were some of the options on the menu. But the biggest draw for us was their special tater tots – Hurricane Tots! It’s tater tots with a sweet soy glaze,, furikake and green onions.
I haven’t figured out the complete recipe yet but found this recipe for Crazy Tots.
- 16 oz frozen tater tots
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, fried and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Cook the tater tots on a baking sheet according to package directions.
- Once the tots are cooked, sprinkle cheddar and chopped bacon evenly over the top and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted.
- Immediately remove from the oven and sprinkle on the scallions and drizzle the Ranch all over the top.
- Serve right away, straight out of the sheet pan because it’s just delicious!
Now I am on a quest to recreate the Hurricane Tots! Maybe that requires another trip to Maui.