- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces penne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine shrimp and olive oil mixture; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and sauce mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and green onions, if desired.
Adapted from Damn Delicious and my Pinterest page for Lenten favorites
So post dinner we packed the car to the brim and then enjoyed a fire at the pit. It was an early morning with getting ready to leave, going to mass and hitting the road by 9 a.m. But, we made it. She is back at school and we are back to a table for 3 at dinner.