Hubby was itching to cook this weekend, so I let him. I am not stupid. If a man wants to cook for you, you let him. Just like if a man want to take you out to dinner, you let him. (Hint, hint…next weekend?)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light butter
- 1/2 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton lemon low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 tablespoons flour and blueberries in a small bowl, and toss well. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blueberry mixture and vanilla; pour cake batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cake. Cut with a serrated knife.