It has been a couple of busy weeks. Basketball games (high school middle school and even a college game), our daughter’s senior night for Varsity Basketball, kids taxi to and from practices and even a trip to the SuperBowl. Yes, you heard right…I had a chance to go to the Super Bowl. It was an opportunity from my work that was provided by our NFL affiliation and our work with a Childhood Obesity Foundation. Great experience!
Well, back to crazy life around the house. We needed a quick dinner one night last week that was not fast food, but homemade and would be filling. We had another game to go to and a late pickup of our son from his practice. I prepared this within 25 minutes and had this on the table when hubby and our son came home. The best part was that it was from Cooking Light.
Now the picture is not the most flattering but the dish tasted delicious! But wait until you see the next recipe. Wow, this one was delicious…… Keep looking for the next post.
Parmesan Chicken and Rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and parsley.