Hubby get’s emails daily from Food Network or my recipes.com with the recipe of the day. Some days he prints them out and I will find a stack of recipes sitting by our printer. Sometimes the recipes make it out to the kitchen counter or thrown in the drawer next to the cookbooks. And then some make it quickly to our kitchen dinner table. This recipe was one of those.
We love the crockpot recipes because it is so nice to come home and have dinner already for you. Not to mention how wonderful the house smells. And this recipe is so easy- no browning of the meat. Just mix it all together and turn the crock pot on! Big tip- use the crockpot liners! Easy cleanup!
Beef Burgundy with Egg Noodles
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (about 1 3/4 ounces)
- 2 cups (1-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Place beef in a large bowl; sprinkle with flour, tossing well to coat. Place beef mixture, carrot, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in an electric slow cooker. Combine beef broth and next 6 ingredients (through pepper); stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with thyme.
From Coking Light – September 2012