We are back in the kitchen after a week or more of dining out. The garden is in full production,tomatoes are ripening and beginning to fall off the vines. It was time to harvest some grape tomatoes and scour through the recipe binder to find something that highlights the tomatoes and that the kids would like.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved (about 4 cups)
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until tomatoes collapse.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and reserved liquid to pan; stir in tomatoes, remaining 4 teaspoons oil, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, basil, pepper, and cheese. Toss well. Serve immediately.