My hubby, who when I started this blog I referred to him as Valley Boy, but that really doesn’t stick so for now I will refer to him as the Hub, has been finding recipes on his twitter feeds. He found this particular one on http://www.FitnessRepublic.com for Orange Chicken Stir Fry, with a quick prep time and a 35 minute cooking time, perfect for a week night. So hubby stopped at the store on his way home from work one night and we had dinner on the table in under 1 hour! And it was very good!
(Pardon the shortness of this post. Recovering from a nasty cold that I brought home from NYC. And guess who is now starting to come down with it? Sorry honey!)
Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- In a small bowl combine the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, salt, garlic and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cut the chicken breast in to 1 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- When oil begins to bubble, add chicken.
- Saute until cooked through (no longer pink inside), about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add orange sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce begins to bubble.
- Add flour, a little bit at a time, until sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Add bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute; serve hot over rice